The Dinagyang Festival is divided into three major events held annually every fourth weekend of January:
Schedule | Dinagyang Festival 2018
1. January 27 – Kasadyahan Cultural Competition
2. January 28 – Dinagyang Festival Ati tribe competition
3. Miss Iloilo Dinagyang
Ati Tribe competition consists of a number of “warrior” dancers in a tribe dancing in a choreographed formation and patterns as well as chanting to the sound of loud drum beats and improvised percussion instruments innovated by the respective.
- Friendship of the Ilonggo and other thousands of tourists flocked to witness the festival.
- Dagoy stands six feet and nine inches tall. He has a dark brown skin tone and wears a headdress with an image of Sto. Niño.
- His hands and feet are adorned with multi-colored bracelets, similar to these being worn by a Dinagyang warrior.
- Dagoy’s winsome smile is popular among children as such miniature version of the mascot is marketed as Dagoy Dolls.
What to Wear: